View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 09:16 AM   #35
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but republicans have been the biggest contributors to the national debt. Clinton took a massive deficit and turned it around to a surplus, then W racked on a 1.5 trillion deficit, which Obama has reduced by a whole lot, yet republicans seem to think that they stand for small government.
It's ok to have corporate welfare but we're all doomed if people are looked after. Got it.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You are wildly incorrect on the debt/deficit.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/usdebt...-President.htm

Over Bill's 8 years, he & congress reduced spending down to near neutral with a small surplus at the end - but not for his term.

If you want to drill down further you will see that the R congress and D white house of Clinton worked TOGETHER to balance the budget. WJC would not have done it on his own. They still added to the national debt

Bush spent more than he took in - with the help of his Dem Congress and still added to the national debt

Obama has spent more than he brought in and still added to the debt. He has also spent more in 6 years than GW did in 8, with higher war costs.

REGARDLESS of who spent more (Obama) we need to demand our politicians in both parties do better.

The dem politicans like you to believe they are not influenced by corporations but look who their biggest donors are too.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: