View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 11:04 AM   #36
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It's ok to have corporate welfare but we're all doomed if people are looked after. Got it.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Corporations need to pull their weight. Heads of corporations need to step back a little. Regardless welfare and entitlement programs for individuals are a direct cost with zero return. People whom are able bodied and mentally capable should be required to provide some level of service for their income. Welfare has become generational, it was never intended to provide a lifestyle it was intended to provide supplemental support in a time of crisis. It is "transitional assistance"

Retirees receiving SS and medical benefits after working for their entire lives should not be threatened with "I can't guaranty we can fund SS if we don't pass an emergency spending bill" (paraphrased)

Corporate welfare maintains employment for individuals and provides tax revenue via said employment. That being said any corporation taking a hand out or tax break should have to qualify with regards to Executive earnings relative to employee earnings.

Of course that will never happen because all politicians are on the take and corporations write the legislation.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps