View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 06:48 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’m not the one typing at 3am

Perhaps I should have just said benefits
Ask the superpacs how much congressmen cost

The unions were a big part of ensuring middle class economic gains in the post-World War II era. Union power was broken during the 1980s as the Reagan Administration encouraged union busting. Republicans drummed up the image of corrupt union bosses along with mediocre product quality and high wages making America uncompetitive. It worked - unions were busted up and unions in private enterprise have nearly disappeared aside from the United Auto Workers.

The funny thing is, today’s Republicans are apoplectic about illegal immigration - because illegal immigrants have taken a great many jobs that were once filled with union workers. Now, however, Americans have no interest in farm labor, maid/janitorial service, restaurant kitchens, nanny service, slaughterhouse work, and landscaping. Americans seem to want work inside temperature controlled office buildings.

30 years ago, they bitched about how unions cost too much money in wages. Now, with undocumented immigrants taking jobs, they’re saying “well if employers would pay more, Americans would take those jobs.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
sorry, i pulled an all nighter at work. we have a lot of complicated insurance policies coming up for renewal on 10/1, it’s a busy time. is that a character flaw?

you have a habit of ignoring what i actually said, and responding to something I never said. that’s what one does when they’re on the losing side of an argument.

By what logic does a union worker at Ford have a right to a larger federal tax credit, than a non union worker at Tesla? Any chance you can respond to that very simple, and very pertinent, question?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device