View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 11:25 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump complains about a "witch hunt" following the raid on his lawyer's office, the US attorney in New York who is heading the investigation is a Trump appointee as is the FBI director whose agents conducted the raid.
I guess he just appointed the wrong best people.
Meanwhile there is a breaking story of the Trump org's lawyer threatening Panama's president with "repercussions" if he didn't help them with issues with their hotel.
I think I have said many, many times, I wouldn't put anything past Trump. He's capable of anything. At the same time, the DOJ under both the Trump and Obama administrations, hasn't conducted itself as professionally as we like to think they do. There's corruption and ethical lapses everywhere you look.

I'm not saying Trump is an innocent victim being railroaded. I'm saying that any rational person would be at least a little bit skeptical of anything the DOJ says with regards to Trump, until the facts are known. It could very well be that the investigation has been flawless. But we don't know that yet, and for sure the DOJ no longer deserves the assumption that it's being impartial. Just ask the press corps that was kicked off the private jet so that Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch could speak in private, just before it's announced that Hilary was clear., which was followed shortly by Hilary saying she'd consider keeping Lynch as AG if she won. Nothing to see there, nope. They were just sharing photos of grandchildren.