Thread: Barr testimony
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 05:48 PM   #65
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Even Barr stated previously the FBI should be contacted if a foreign power takes steps to influence an election, did that happen?

I assume that Obama contacted the FBI, since the meddling started under his administration. Whatever he did certainly didn't do anything to stop it, or even slow it down. I also assume that the FBI is still aware and doing whatever it can.

The FBI knows the Russians are continuing their efforts and what does our president think about it; he believes they will no longer attempt to interfere, gee wiz I wonder why that is.

Has Trump told the FBI to stand down and do nothing about it? I doubt that the FBI will just leave it alone because someone reports that Trump thinks Russia won't continue.

Trump is enabling foreign powers and by his inaction actually encouraging them to ramp it up for 2020, so to me there are far more troubling things about this report and Trumps complete disregard for the facts.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Trump has not completely disregarded the facts. He may have a bit different idea of what some of the facts are, but overall, there seems to have been some initiatives to interfere with Russian interference. And, certainly the FBI will continue to do the important stuff it needs to do. Overall, it has been reported that Trump has actually been tougher, in all respects, on the Russians than Obama was. Not sure if there has been any "enabling," and if there was, not sure who was the one doing it.