View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
Adam_777

Does sound like a speed sensor.All of those things rely on that input to operate properly.Also you described the speedometer dropping off was the first thing you noticed.I'd go with the speed sensor before I let a dealer put a cluster and possibly more into it.Check your battery connections and alternator also.I've seen alternators cause some funky problems due to low voltage.I know in the big trucks I work on most of the computers will start acting funny at a certain low voltage like below 10 volts.You would have most likely noticed your volt meter acting funny if this was the case.Remember every time you pull the battery cables your clearing the code from the pcm and that will make it harder to figure it out.Cheap code readers can be picked up at napa or any parts store on the cheap.They will give you the codes and some will clear them.I have a cheap one and have access to the higher end ones over here in RI.I'd try the speed sensor because if it fails completely you may end up stuck in gear or dead on the side of the road.
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote