View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #3
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

You have a solution (airbrush) and you are looking for a problem. Mixing either water based paints or solvent based paints with epoxy.

Save for a proper airbrush and when you have enough use a craft stores 50% off coupon to purchase, stick to plain white, yellow, black paint schemes which can all be done with spray cans. Those colors have nailed fish for centuries! I've never seen a fish swim up to a lure at mach 2 mouth open dying to inhale the lure and turn away at the last second because it did'nt have a scale finish in 18 colors..

If that still is not possible suggest maybe picking up a lower end model (airbrush) from harbor freight type place and just using it for simple basics to dress up the rattle canned lures, using their 20-25% off coupon.

Lastly there are pigments that can be added to epoxy for use in rodbuilding that can be mixed with epoxy and they're readily available. Personally I think they look horrible but if that's the look you're after, those may get it done for you. Mudhole tackle carries them, I'm sure acid rod and other rod building business' carry them as well, but they're pigments and not paints.

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote