View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 07:02 PM   #58
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Well, he doesn't really. Maybe two years.
Come on Jeff. What is the average turnover of a SCOTUS seat? Lifetime appointment. Each appointment is an important one. Kennedy certainly held ground from Reagan, so had an effect much greater than two years...

[QUOTE=spence;1145666]We will but I had no idea the damage Trump would do to our democracy would be so significant and come so quickly. I don't think most of the effects have even really been felt yet and it looks like his rampage is far from over.[/QUOTE.

We will, just as we did from the Obama years. (though the families who lost loved ones due to lack of action will never recover) No need for me to harp on the negative effects the previous two terms had on me, but my industry is white hot currently. People are spending on their homes. Is that a direct result of Trump? Not going to say that. Just what effects are you expecting Jeff?
His style is not one I admire, but that is how business is done in much of New York. And I disliked him as a businessman and a person. But he was the lesser of two evils we had on the ballot. Our only hope to get change next time is to present a better candidate.... Until then.... suck it. We did.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.