View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 07:25 PM   #22
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No one takes any pleasure in watching people file for bankruptcy or get foreclosed on. But a lot of middle class people who live paycheck to paycheck and who do all the right things, are tired of getting punished and being forced to pick up after other people's mistakes. The tea party literally began, when frustrated citizens who didn't make any dumb decisions, and who were struggling through a brutal recession, were told they had to give money to people who freely chose to buy more house than they could afford. They didn't feel obligated to do that. There is some logic to that position.

As usual, you portray your side in an oversimplified way, and demonize everyone on the other side, refuse to concede they may have a point.
100 percent in agreement with you there and if others do not agree with that, then they live in fantasy land with orange people.

At 57 I am done with freeloaders. Entitlement is O- V - A OVER!!! You have to EARN it. The I want it all and want it now generation can suck it. I realize there are still plenty of young hard working people setting an example but it seems they are far and few between and it is really sad. I am smart enough to realize when I am old enough for my money to be returned to me, that I will have to make other accommodations for income thanks to our special people we call government.

Maybe it's about choices and accountability, you know , responsibility. I made sacrifices and busted butt to get thru 3 down cycles and never got bailed out by anyone. I help out others as I can whether it is financially when able or by donating my time or blood. Everyone can pitch in their way too, it is their choice. We are supposed to be a free country.

Last edited by Slipknot; 03-14-2018 at 07:34 PM..

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.