View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #21
fishbones

Andy, you're definitley not alone. I used to get the "talk" pretty frequently and I'd start to resent my wife until I got out and fished again. This was mostly because when my son was very young, she would be stuck home changing diapers, etc... Now that he's older (almost 6), he has a lot more going on and both my wife and I get out to do what we want much more. I fished more this past season than I had in probably 10 years. My wife and I have it worked out so that I can get out fishing a couple nights a week and she can go shopping or out with her friends a couple nights a week. The one who is home does fun stuff with our son and he's happy to have the time with us. Then we spend the weekend doing family stuff all together. I also get to fish early in the morning pretty much as much as I want as long as I'm home to get my son on the bus. I'm lucky to have a job with a flexible schedule and an understanding wife. If it came down to it though, I'd choose my family over fishing every time. Unless, I won the big lottery jackpot. Then I'd divorce my wife and get a bunch of hot young girlfriends and fish all the time.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote