View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

can someone cheer me up?

I guess this is not politcal but I figuered id bring up here.
I have to admit Im a pretty depressed american. I just dont see the things I want to see for my children in this country. My kids both have holiday parties at school today. We received a multi-paragraphed email detailing the procedures for us to come into the class, all kinds of security I need to go through just to go to my kids party. Part of me is glad they are doing this, it helps ensure my kids safety, but mostly I cant believe this is the world I live in. I feel the same way when I am at the airport. Watching my kids remove their shoes and go through the detectors. We are not Isreal, France, Lebanon, etc. I feel less free than ever. Cameras at every stop light, security at schools. This really sucks. I cant stand when people say "vote, people died for your right". Thats horsechit. people died for our right to live safely and freely. And we've lost that. Its gone. We've lost. People think this is political BS and none of this stuff matters, but it truly bothers me that Mansfield MA schools banned cupcakes, banned the holiday concert. More and more is taken away from us. My dad grew up in the 40s-50s. If you compared my childhood in the 70-80s. we pretty much did the same things with the exception of telvision. We played outside, rode bikes, built forts, football, etc. Now its all prearranged, play dates, activitites. All freedom lost. Most of my life I didnt give a crap, never followed politics, now i feel my view of american is under constant assault. Its rapidly going. Can someone cheer me up? Am I wrong here? How is this not going to get worse?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all