Thread: Jerry Sandusky
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #36
Saltheart

If they can prove he was part of actively covering things up then he's part of a criminal conspiracy. My guess is he reported it to the powrrs above him and then waited to see what happened. Everything he knew was hearsay. Its the guy who saw it first hand that should have been at the police station , not the AD office , not the coaches office , not the school admins. He should have gone to the police.

I honestly don't think a football coach , no matter how iconic , is resonsible for pushing the prosecution of a criminal based on hearsay. Once he bumps it up , its up to the school officials , particularly the president and the Security Chief to pursue it further. Outside the whole fact that it happened at PSU , the eye witness is the guy who didn't do what was right and his failure to act shouldn't fall on Paterno just cause he was the most famous guy.

I also think justice would have been served if Paterna had been given the word that he must retire "now". The same result happens but he gets to save a little respect vs the firing which implicates him in the crime IMO.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote