Thread: Memo is out
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 02:40 PM   #101
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Most politicians push the envelope of truth thru interpretation, Trump doesn't even try, he just makes up his own alternative facts and then admits it. He thinks that if you say it often and loud enough it makes it true.

You're statement validates more than it contradicts (if at all) that Trump is not that much different than our common politicians. They may all have different styles, but, as you say, "Most politicians push the envelope of truth thru interpretation . . . make[s] up [their] own alternative facts and . . . think[s] that if you say it often and loud enough it makes it true.

Of course, neither you nor I have verified our opinion, we just agree that it is so. Except, you claim that Trump is somehow more obvious or egregious.

I've found that the things people accuse others of are the things they are guilty of. Thieves are quick to accuse others of stealing because they would, etc.

So are you guilty of what you accuse Trump of? How about all the Dems who accuse Trump?

You probably think John Gotti worked hard also, the smoke about Trump is out there if you look and too late the truth will come out.
He was connected in development work in NYC, Atlantic City, why would you think not Russians?
I think Trump worked hard within the legitimate scope, spiced with whatever it took to do development work in NYC. I have stated a few times before in other threads that Trump's experience with having to work through the maze of politicians (crooked or otherwise), unions, codes, laws, and all required backscratching and money-greasing to do so, would stand him well as experience to negotiate in the world of politics (crooked or otherwise).

I don't equate Trump with John Gotti. Maybe you do.