View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

MIAA is to blame for this to have even been considered. No way a playoff game on a weekend before a Thanksgiving game should have been scheduled. That said, I am with you Tim on this one. I have compared the schedules of Duxbury and Marblehead. Our town team is 11-0 and headed to Gillette on the 3rd as well. But they did not have a game this past weekend. Duxbury played a tough Beverly team we had beaten earlier this year. No players were held out of yesterday's game here, I can assure you. Duxbury, according to Patriot Ledger story, had 25 starters on the sidelines in sweats yesterday! Twenty five! That is absurd. Especially of a team that is ranked #1 statewide by MaxPreps. I was on a high school SuperBowl winning team, the very first one, in 1972. No way I can see a player wanting to sit out a Thanksgiving game. More memories of those games and the guys we played against (ironically Marblehead) than of the SuperBowl game. Don't get me wrong, it was great, but no way it can match the rivalry or relationships these many years later.

the score of that Duxbury Marshfield game was 53-0...... Marshfield.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote