View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 06:58 AM   #17
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Ummm, maybe you don't know what hypocrisy means.

Republicans are openly in favor of walls for security. SO it' snot surprising that they'd have a fence at their convention.

Now follow closely, here is the important part...

Democrats like to attack Republicans for the fact that we want a wall on the border. Democrats say that we should be building bridges, not walls. And they use this notion at attack Trump.

So if Democrats think it's immoral for Trump to build a wall for security, it's very interesting (read: indefensible bullsh*t) that those same Dems want a wall for their own security.

SO the Dems want a wall to protect them in Philadelphia. But American citizens who live near the Mexican border, are not entitled to the same protection.

Can you explain why that is?

Have fun with that.
So beyond the symbolic hypocrisy here, I have to point out two things:

1) How the hell is the convention supposed to protect its attendees? If they DIDN'T put up a fence and god forbid a couple whack jobs from ISIS made there way in there and caused some crap to happen, you'd all be saying, "Where was the fence? Where was the security?" (And don't say "Democrats hate walls, so they'll have to figure it out themselves... why don't they protect themselves with spoons because once they've taken away all the guns and fences, we're all defenseless" because thats just plain BS and we all know it)

2) The cost of 4 miles of fence around the DNC in Philly vs the cost of a 2000 mile fence are quite different... Like 500x different. Add to that the fact that people would be pole vaulting over an 8' fence on that border, and you have a pretty weak argument. An 8' fence surrounding a convention isn't "huge" and isn't a "wall"... Call a spade a spade and choose a different topic to bend to your own will.

At this point in this race, I'm shocked that anyone can still be lambasting Hillary, because if she loses, Trump wins. You think the rest of the world hates us right now? You think things were bad under the diplomatic policies of Obama, where we tried to settle things with conversation and reason? You think our soldiers were unsafe with Obama calling the shots as the commander in chief?

I have news for you, this guy is a full on whack job. You can paint the whole "I don't like either one" but the reality is that one of them is going to win. And if its not Hillary, its Trump. The past 8 years have proven that a President with aspirations for social change in this country is borderline powerless, and can't do much along a hard left agenda. The next 4 years under President Trump would be a lesson in how much HARM a president can do to our domestic and foreign status. I don't really like her either, but good god she's a better choice than a guy who openly praises the leadership abilities of multiple foreign dictators and invites espionage from a hostile foreign country to forward his status in a national election.

Give me a break

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.