Thread: Samantha Bee?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Unemployment has been dropping since 2009 and continued on the same line. I don't see where there was a significant change in data.
Hopefully your advisor is telling you to be conservative at this point. Look at the Dow and the rate of rise preceding each big drop, compare them to the last year. See any similarities?
Trumps middle east policy and actions have nothing to do with fuel prices?
Your not spending $200 a month more in fuel and food?
I don't know what it has to do with liberals and conservatives, since Trumps policies have no clear alignment with anyone other than authoritarians and isolationists. He just keeps gaslighting anyone who will listen. The rest of the world sees it and will just move on without us.
"Unemployment has been dropping since 2009 and continued on the same line. I don't see where there was a significant change in data."

For the second time, it's harder to lower unemployment when it's already low. Think of a golfer. When he starts golfing, he shoots 150 for 18 holes. every month, he takes 1 stroke off his game. I sit just as easy to go from 150 to 149, as it is to go from 75 to 74? No.

"Hopefully your advisor is telling you to be conservative at this point."

I am my financial advisor. I'm glad I wasn't conservative for the last 18 months, boy. I have a very aggressive portfolio, with safeguards to see everything that drops by 20%, that's the most I can lose. Many in the market are a lot more confident than you are. I don't know anyone whose advisor told them to dump stocks and go conservative.

"Look at the Dow and the rate of rise preceding each big drop, compare them to the last year. See any similarities?"

Sure, the market is high, we are due (overdue, maybe) for a recession.

"Trumps middle east policy and actions have nothing to do with fuel prices?"

I literally know almost nothing about what drives oil prices. I know at one point they were very high under Obama, and I bet you didn't criticize him for it.

"Your not spending $200 a month more in fuel and food?"

Again, when Obama was POTUS, I saw a huge gasoline spike, and I didn't have $200 a month more in my pocket to offset it.

" don't know what it has to do with liberals and conservatives"

You are the one making it about liberals or conservatives, you can't say anything good about Trump.

He also just passed a law saying that gravely ill patients can choose to use experimental drugs that aren't formally approved by the FDA yet. Why wasn't that a law 200 years ago? Trump fixed it.