View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #112
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I don’t know where you get your information from, but it’s gotta be from somewhere
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
My post, to which you were responding, was not "information" nor was it based on information "fed" to me. It was commentary on your expressed opinion that Trump is a horrible person because of something he said in the past with the implication that Trump's personal past makes him more of a problem than AOC's present stupidity while she's in a position of public power.

I said and asked in response to your categorization of Trump's and AOC's words "What is the category of things people say that refers to past actions of someone as a representation of who he is now where there is no evidence that he does those things anymore? And for what he has apologized? And for characterizing something that is allowed as being an assault? Is there no redemption for past sins?

"If capitalism is irredeemable, are humans also not capable of redemption? If we did something "horrible" in the past are we then forever horrible?

"If there is a category for implying someone being what he once was but no longer is, it seems to me that category could charitably be referred to as misrepresentation.

"AOC is doing her stupidity NOW while in a position of political power that can influence the entire nation. Trump did what you phrase as 'horrible' (really, in its context?) in the private past. Which, of the two, is meaningful to the people of this country today?"

That commentary was not fed to me by any source. And you did not answer my question.