View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 10:36 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
You love to beat that drum...
The rate is closing for the race disparity in vaccinations, FWIW.

From KFF.org today.
Racial disparities in vaccination rates have narrowed over time and have nearly closed for Hispanic people. Between November 29 and December 13, vaccination rates increased by 1.0 percentage points for Black people (from 50.3% to 51.3%), by 1.1 percentage points for Hispanic people (from 55.3% to 56.4%), and by 1.2 percentage points for Asian people (from 75.3% to 76.5%). In contrast, they remained roughly stable for White people (at 58%). Over the course of the vaccination rollout, differences between vaccination rates for Black, Hispanic, and White people have narrowed, and the gap between rates for White and Hispanic people has nearly closed. Between late April 2021, when most adults became eligible for vaccines across states, and December 13, 2021, the gap in vaccination rates between White and Black people fell from 14 percentage points (38% vs. 24%) to 7 percentage points (58% vs. 51%) while the difference between White and Hispanic vaccination rates decreased from 13 percentage points (38% vs. 25%) to two percentage points (58% vs. 56%)."
i don’t love to beat it, as i wish everyone was vaccinated.

but if you’re going to bash republicans for having low vaccination rates ( which is fair), you should acknowledge other demographics that also have low vaccination rates. unless all you really care about, is bashing republicans. which is obviously all that they care about. and maybe you’re in that group too, i didn’t use to think so.

“the rate is closing for race disparity.”

fine. but when that disparity was at its peak, none of the lefties here attacked blacks for having low rates, they only attacked republicans. you were among those who wouldn’t comment on it, even when that disparity was at its peak. i’m sure you did so for political
convenience. if not, what other reason is there?

so unless unvaccinated republicans pose a higher risk than unvaccinated blacks, it appears that the lefty outrage over the unvaccinated is selective and purely politically motivated, which necessarily means the outrage is fake.

I think everyone should get vaccinated. I think all of the unvaccinated ( not just those who vote differently than i do) are being selfish.l and stupid.

I really wish just one of you would
tell us what you’re afraid would happen, exactly, if you could be mildly critical of your own side when it’s warranted? Almost none of you can do it. It’s fascinating.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device