Thread: 10 MILLION
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 08:03 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Obama spent 1 month with his dad from Kenya.. the rest of his life, he was alone with his mom...Why would Obama be expected to have anything to do with his dad's side of the family???

Because it scores points with the base!

The thing about illegal immigration is that it's an easy issue to comprehend. Violate the law = bad...issue over.

Don't mention that we've made it much harder for legal entry to come here and work which has hurt our economy and kept white collar jobs in India and China.

Don't mention that migrant (often illegal) workers in the ag industry are extremely productive and in very short supply.

Don't mention that most illegals from what I've read actually come here to work and find a better life.

The real problem here is that the issue isn't taken seriously as the solution is in the middle. Illegals to contribute a lot to our economy, but it's impossible to really measure because they are kept off of the books by the Government. This isn't to say we should make them citizens, but the anti efforts to kick them out mean they're always going to be part of a sub-culture while at the same time many businesses wouldn't function as well without them.

As for Obama's aunt. I sure know I'd rather live in Boston than Kenya

-spence