View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 03:41 PM   #78
detbuch

Pete F QUOTE:
You've got a lot of questions for someone who only wants answers.

I gave some possible answers at the latter end of the post.

He has an opinion on how America is now to Hispanic immigrants and a broken belief in what some think America was, I would think you would be happy with his viewpoint of Trump's America

I perfectly understood what his ethnically apologist opinion is. And his viewpoint of Trump's America, if it is actually that, is too limited in its scope and too self-centered to do much but beg for sympathy.

"It seems, if we're to believe the narrative, that the majority of Central Americans are oppressed, in danger of death, impoverished, and at the mercy of criminals. And this guy feels they must need to come to the U.S. and help America be what it used to be. "

Where did he say that in any manner, shape or form?

In the manner, shape and form of his whole essay.

"He is not grateful for being here as a successful (I presume) attorney, but feels that he has been betrayed by his new country. And that every other person who believed in it has also been betrayed. It sounds like he would be miserable wherever he lived unless the place was a reflection of what he believed--like he is the center of the universe, and it must listen to him."
Chévere, we all have bad days, some would say the same about you and change.[QUOTE/]

I have had bad days. I presume you also had them. I'm not aware of the bad days that change has had.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-26-2018 at 03:55 PM..