View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #41
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
It works like this. Maybe if you pay less on taxes you can afford to hire someone to clean your studio so you can do what you do best. Maybe that guy on the corner that has no job.
Unfortunately, I think MOST people would take the tax break or what not, and put that money away 'just in case' instead of hiring new people, going out to eat, buying a car, whatever. which I hope will be a valuable lesson learned here; don't exceed your means. I know my wife and I banked the last check we got, and have no illusion of spending it, other than perhaps on a house or downpayment

However... if we CAN make health care cheaper, across the board, then you reduce the cost to the employers, which would probably be a bigger help to the economy, mean while creating jobs to fix the crumbling infrastructure around the country, keeps cops copping and teachers teaching...

Secondly, there has got to be a huge lag between when tax breaks go into effect and when there is a benefit to the economy and jobs. how long would it take for people the realize the tax breaks and turn it into a job or benefit for someone else.

obviously this is my opinion as well, and many have and continue to call it crap

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"