View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #79
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
But I am also right there was alot of important history that shaped this country before ratifying the constitution and as a matter of fact, Virginia co. didn't come here for tobacco and furs as you stated. .
You stated this country is 400 yrs old and based that on the Jamestownt settlement. You stated Jamestown was settled based on "principles". Jamestown was settled asan investment in the new world. I never once read that gold was a part of that. the purpose was to set up an outpost and explore opportunites. It was a race against the Spanish. Very soon after the settlement both fur and soon after tobacco became the profitable ventures.

there was no "pennsylvania" when the dutch came, thats why its funny you said the Pennslyvaia dutch settled here. Another history error of yours.

I never once said that there isnt an amazing history prior to the forming of our country, but the reality is our country wasnt formed until the constitution was ratified. Your just trying to explain your mistake. And it is interesting you say our country is 400 yrs old based on the first WHITE settlers coming here. Interesting to note that people where living here for over 10,000 yrs. People with an amazing history and culture. When the 101st airborned attached during D-day, they did not cut their hair like the puritans, they cut it like Mohawks.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all