View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
When we replace our sheithole citizens with immigrants, many of who are sheitholes, many of who are productive, we doom our sheitholes to permanent dependence instead of giving them a kick in their sheithole and making them produce or perish.

Immigration should not be based on nicely worded talking points. Accepting sheithole immigrants is stupid. Bringing in the cream of the crop from sheitholes deprives those holes of the very people they need to solve their sh*tty problems.
"Immigration based on empathy is a formula which equates "empathy" with "self-destruction."

I'm not following you. I wouldn't say we offer citizenship to every human being we happen to feel sorry for. What I am saying is that providing an opportunity for some people who were born unlucky, is noble, it's American, and it's the right thing to do, and I have no issue paying taxes to support it. I don't want to limit immigration to wealthy white people.

"We cannot bestow that benefit on the rest of the world"

I never heard anyone suggest we could. Trump seemed to suggest we shouldn't bestow it to people of color born in bad places. I'm sad to see you defending that.

"Giving it to those who are not willing to fight for it"

I don't know that immigrants are a lot less patriotic than the rest of us. The right kind of immigrant (poor through no fault of his own, who comes here and makes something of himself) has more reason to love this country than most of us. I'm not talking about Mexican illegals who come over to deal meth. I'm talking about, if I can stereotype, Asians and Indians who come here with nothing, and in one generation, their kids are in medical school. There's a lot of those people out there. That's who I want. They're not all white, they don't all currently live in Norway.

Maybe he didn't say what is being reported, it wouldn't be the first time the media lied to make him look bad. Nor would it be beyond him to say something that vile.