View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
She is not bluffing. She is not connoting. She is not saying that she does not want to accuse Trump. She is deliberately accusing him of some unsubstantiated and obviously ridiculous possibility. Or she may be lying.

As Spence would say, "big difference."
You have forgotten that nothing in Trump world is too ridiculous to be impossible. What effect did her saying that have? Did it do anything other than reinforce some people on either sides beliefs and second hand piss Jim off.

As far as Trump goes, I agree with Tillerson, Kelly and Mattis. He has no clue about foreign policy, how to negotiate or what an achievable end goal is. He is not willing to learn, since he has a very smart gut and knows better than anyone. He did threaten the Afghans with genocide.
“I have plans on Afghanistan that if I wanted to win that war, Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the earth, it would be gone, it would be over in literally 10 days.”

Trying to spin it into 10 million means something assumes that the Stable Genius has a clue about how many people live in Afghanistan. I would surmise that it is but one of the many numbers he has made up, I know it is not exact.

I don't know where you find your definitions but the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation, is the Oxford definition of genocide.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin