View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #66
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=RIROCKHOUND;838631]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

So you could send three kids to private school for $4800? Would you really like the quality of education in that school?
Or is this more of the same; lets make cuts and deal with the consequences later

give me a break. The teachers in WI conceeded to the costs. They want to keep some union rights and the Gov cracks down. that seems to have been the Gov's plan all along.
"So you could send three kids to private school for $4800? "

Do you think through anything before regurgitating the liberal talking points? I pay property taxes for LIFE, not just the years that my kids are in school. And it's not just property taxes. A good chunk of my state income tax goes to education, as well as a god chunk of my federal income tax. Gimme all that money back, and there's a great chance it would cover the cost of a great, Catholic education.

If those lifetime tax cuts didn't cover private tuition, it would be close. I'd be willing to kick in the difference. So would most people. And the school would be 10 times better, and I'd know for damn sure that the folks teaching there ain't doing it for the money, because they don't get paid nearly as much as the union counterpartys in public schools.

"The teachers in WI conceeded to the costs."

For now. And then next year, the union would start demanding more and more, and then we're back in the same boat.

The gov proposed that public employees would get annual cost-of-living increases automatically (better than what the private sector offers). If public employees wanted increases bigger than COLA, they'd have to get public approval, which is obviously reasonable, since it's the public's money. But the union REFUSED. Why refuse that?