View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Andrea Mitchell works for MSNBC.

The entire reason FEMA exists is to compensate for local government that's expected to break down.

Was there a single unreasonable question? Was anything unprofessional? I'm surprised you didn't say she was shrieking, unhinged, depraved and otherwise morally bankrupt.
"Andrea Mitchell works for MSNBC"

Correct, thanks.

"The entire reason FEMA exists is to compensate for local government that's expected to break down. "

That's correct. But a hurricane death count, doesn't indicate that FEMA failed. It indicates the local officials failed. Especially if the death count is exacerbated by a crumbling infrastructure and electrical grid, etc.

"Was there a single unreasonable question?"

Several.

asking how FEMA's efforts could be considered favorable, given the death count. That's on local officials.

She was wrong about who owns the electrical grid, she made a big deal out of the nothingburger about who is "certified" to do what, she made a big deal out of the nohtingburger (according to the director) that was 10M getting diverted from FEMA to ICE. The whole intervie wwas designed for Mitchell to make FEMA, and by extension Trump, to look bad. She didn't acknowledge a single thing he said. As soon as he shot down one point, she moved right on to the next. She never, ever, said "I stand corrected". or anything along those lines. Right down the Trump hit list.

"I'm surprised you didn't say she was shrieking, unhinged, depraved and otherwise morally bankrupt"

She wasn't shrieking, she was very calm. She was being an azzhole, but calm.