View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 05:04 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You can’t figure this out
I’ll explain it in simple terms
The president Donald Trump suggested that 20% of teachers (qualified)would carry firearms
I assume you think that is less than are currently in schools
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you wrote...and I quoted...

"I understand emotionally how one can say if there were only more people with guns the problem would be cured."

no one has said more more people with guns would "cure the problem"....

it's easy to make a false statement like that, argue against it and then claim that anyone that disagrees with you must be crazy....it's done here on a regular basis

Trump wrote..and I quote from you..."What I said was to look at the possibility of giving “concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience - only the best. 20% of teachers"

that is an entirely reasonable statement...especially for Trump...and bears no resemblance to what you wrote and claim some have said or "one can say"

what has been said and is obvious is that if someone is shooting at you and those around you in one of these situations...your BEST chance for survival is if someone has the ability to shoot back....you may not realize it but there are a lot of people who carry concealed weapons...could be standing behind you in the grocery store...you would never know...I worked with a guy for years who was always carrying....he never shot out a ceiling tile or anything else....no one suggested forcing a bunch of teachers to carry guns and strap ammo belts across their chests like is being portrayed....I'm sure if it was ever put forward snowflake teachers and unions would freak and organize walkouts anyway....but schools would obviously be safer if it had employees, teachers or others who had the ability and training to shoot back if there were a situation.....there's that and in the Florida case...if they actually held that kid accountable rather than what did happen where a bunch of liberals were busy stroking each other and handing out awards to each other for keeping bad kids out of the criminal justice system so they could stay in the schools and terrorize their teachers and classmates...I'm not sure what "the cure" is for that kind of stupidity

Last edited by scottw; 03-18-2018 at 08:35 AM..