Thread: Ocean closed
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #24
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Collect the trash when the workers get back, respond to incidents with the security guards that are already there keeping everyone out
DZ
First one I disagree with, but the second is what makes this whole issue so confusing. We shut down the government, but are going to do the following:

Still pay Congress (who is willfully shutting it down in the first place)
Backfill pay for all furloughed employees (seriously??????!!!!!!!!)
Pay for rangers and guards to keep people out of federal parks/land/etc. (in some cases employing people where there weren't guards before)

At least if you are going to "shut down" the government, stop paying EVERYONE so we actually save a little bit of money while the dooshbags in Congress get over their bitch&moan-fest. Don't pick and choose who will and won't get paid.

How in the name of sanity is this a shutdown? Its just theater and BS at the expense of our international image and financial standing as a country.... Up yours Congress... up yours indeed

I apologize if anyone on here is a federal employee who is furloughed, but I don't think their should be back-pay for that... I've been furlouged many times in my life and the only "back pay" I got came from the unemployment office.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.