View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
FishermanTim

Why even bother to put on a charade of "competetive sports" if you can't even celebrate?
I'm not talking about taunting, or some end-zone idiot dance, but simple joyous celebrating!
If that's going to be the case, they better get rid of ALL celebratory actions before and after the games as well.
That means NO MORE BANDS, because what if your band is better than theirs?
That means NO MORE PRAYERS, PERIOD, because that could offend someone that is visiting from another country!
That means NO MORE CHEERS AND CHEERLEADERS because what if your cheers are better than theirs?

Basically it means that they should just give up football altogether and maybe take up gardening or dance!

From the info I have seen and heard, this new "rule" was only just put in place this year. WHY? Who got offended last year, and complained like a little b*tch because they lost their game?
Second, it was a championship game, and the game winning drive!
If the officials were instructed to "crack down" on this increasingly dangerous trend of "celebrating a victory, they had better be doing the same across the entire league. If there is even one example of the same call NOT being made, then the school will have it's day in court!

I would like to know what horse's ass was the genius that decided that taking the celebrating out of football was going to be a good thing? Probably some jack-hole whose kid wasn't good enough to be on the starting lineup, but made the squad due to mommy or daddy's "influence", and their "superstar" child didn't get to play all the time and just warmed the bench!

On the flip-side, I wonder just how proud Blue Hills HS is, know how they won the championship?
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote