View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #11
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linesider82 View Post
George, how does the rapid choke layout handle larger diameter lines, such as 30lb. fireline or #65 suffix, the latter of which is what I use and is 0.34mm dia.
I'm not sure. I throw #55 Samurai through a size 20 lowrider collector but to do it the guide is pretty far out the rod. I rebuilt an XRA 1322 for Paul that used KLH 25 collector for a Stella 10000......I'm not sure what braid but probably @55. I was very skeptical about trying it, but when we test cast the rod the line flow was noticeably quieter than with a KW 40 collector NGC setup. Then again there is no better guinea pig than Paul. I think the hope in the state of the art surf rod building community (which is really small) is that Fuji also comes out with a RV30 guide...........or even a KW20m (i.e., higher than a regular KW20) guide that would eliminate the need for the KW 25 and allow the use of regular KW guides for rapid reduction (presently the height drop from 30H to 20 is too acute so you need to throw a 25 in there which just moves all that big stuff further out the rod).
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote