View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #94
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The Repubs. have turned into the party of "if I can't get my way, I'm taking my ball and going home". They don't have any ideas and can't agree on anything. Their idea of government is throwing insults.

Pathetic
Sigh. Again, rather than responding to what the other side is actually saying, you say we have no ideas. I guess demonizing the opposition is a whole lot easier than responding to what they are actually saying, especially when what they are saying, is so rooted in common sense.

"Their idea of government is throwing insults."

Yawn. Obama says that Republicans "gotta stop just hatin' all the time", I guess we should look to his example on how to include and tolerate the opposition.

The senate Repoublicans just had an idea that if cities want to reject duly constituted federal laws, there would be consequences for that. In other words, the GOP had an idea that federal laws apply to all of us, equally. Shocking, I know. The Senate democrats blocked it, because that idea is offensive to Democrats. Funny, I didn't hear anyone caling them the party of opposition for blocking that.

I agree that the GOP Congress needs to propose more bills articulating their positions, and let the Dems block them all, and let Obama veto the ones the Dems can't block.