View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It a lie, only if he knew when he said it

falling short is just that falling short a lie is as you said ^^^ above

So it's easy is Trump a liar or not it's not hard based on actual things he has said and fact checked

However Trump and the Republicans have done an outstanding job attacking facts and the enemy of the people the press . Or any information that shows the in a negtive light funny way to .MAGA
"falling short is just that falling short a lie is as you said ^^^ above "

Agreed, I don't think I said Obama lied. He was very, very wrong about what he said the impacts of Obamacare would be. He was also very, very wrong about the benefits of his stimulus (he said it would keep unemployment below 8%, instead it went over 10%).

I don't think he intentionally lied. I just think he's wrong a lot.

"So it's easy is Trump a liar or not it's not "

You/re right, it's easy. Yes, Trump is a liar. That doesn't mean he lied about the wall, unless you are saying that Trump is incapable of telling the truth. Trump doesn't lie every time he moves his mouth. We don't know if he actually thought he could get Mexico to pay for the wall. How could you possibly know, that he didn't actually believe it when he said it?

"However Trump and the Republicans have done an outstanding job attacking facts "

I can easily go tit for tat with you, telling you all the times that liberals explicitly lied for political gain. And if honesty was so important, why did your side nominate someone who said she came under sniper fire in Bosnia or wherever?

"enemy of the people the press "

If the press is deliberately slanting reporting to serve a political agenda, I agree with Trump. They aren't a lethal, mortal enemy like ISIS, but they are an enemy. Capable of doing massive damage. The press, in my opinion, has betrayed the trust we give them, betrayed the constitutional protections they enjoy. And not just the liberal press, some at Fox are just as guilty. Almost none are honest.

"Or any information that shows the in a negtive light "

Not me. I can easily admit when he's being an azz.

Sorry for being guilty of whaboutism again, but I posted video of Obama blaming Republicans for preventing him from doing immigration reform, when democrats controlled both chambers of Congress. But you are OK with that, because you don't like Republicans. It only bothers you when Republicans do the same thing.