View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #19
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Agree with the last statement. But a hand written note from someone who didn't attend the wake discussing the relationship w/the deceased means more than spending 10 min. at a wake.

I'm going for a quick bike ride. Now that Lance has lost his 7 TDFs (That is Toure De France) you never know what they're going to do w/the titles.
Paul, there were plenty of people on that team that did know him personally. He still visited the ball park and was around during spring training last year (not sure about this season). Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lester, Beckett to name a few should have made it a point to be there. And I've been to several wakes and funerals for people I had never met. As TDF said, you go for the people who are still alive.

I hate to say it, but I bet nothing like this would happen with the Yankees. The leaders on that team would make sure that the players attended.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote