View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 09:21 AM   #10
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBuzz View Post
It is also available in OnDemand (Comcast).
Yup, discovered Cox Cable had it On Demand until 1/4 and watched the 1st half yesterday afternoon - no doubt I'll be watching it a lot before it goes off

Great performances - C,S & N was in voice for the harmonies - I was always a big Stephen Stills fan - they were a great back-up for Jackson Browne - but I wish they'd had Bonnie Raitt ripping it up on slide, though

Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas singing with Jagger on Gimme Shelter was really impressive and she just plain stole the performance from him - hey, no doubt, Fergie is as smokin' hot as a $2 stove......in a scary sort of way......in fact, she reminds me a lot of an old Italian girlfriend from the wild days of my yout'...

Stevie Wonder and Sting was great, too - John Legend trying to pull off Mercy Mercy Me, not so much...

Also looks like Bruce needs to cut back on the 'roids a little, too...

I think what struck me the most overall was how relevant many of the lyrics are today - 30 years ex post facto

Yeah, gonna have to hook up my sound system for the video feed this afternoon before going to work so I can watch it again tonight when I get home...

Last edited by Crafty Angler; 12-01-2009 at 09:31 AM..

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote