View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 03:36 PM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I have never denied that red states lag in certain statistics. This is why I wouldn't throw a dart at a map of a red state and move there.

You're doing what they all do, you're responding to something I never said. I never said every part of Mississippi is better than every part of CT. I said there are huge advantages of living in CT.

But I also said this, and I dare you to refute it...there are specific areas of the US, nice small towns with a high quality of life that do well on the statistics you'd cite, AND those places have a very low tax cost compared to other places with a high quality of life. But the places that offer a high quality of life at a low cost, are disproportionately (if not entirely) in red states. And these are the places that successful, productive, self-sufficient families from blue states, are moving to in big numbers.

I don't think you can prove that those places can't exist without tax money from Greenwich.

You are painting entire red states with the same brush. If I move to Franklin, TN (an absolutely BOOMING suburb of Nashville), I don't care that Memphis is awful, it has no impact on my quality of life. Zip.

Paul, if you were right and those states were so bad, why are people moving there? There are beautiful suburbs in NH where they can't build $600,000 houses fast enough. Who do you think is moving there? Meth heads? Trailer trash folks are buying all those big new houses?
Jim
Guess how many $600k-$800k houses are for sale in NH at that Price this is from Zillow. 458 agent listing

Mass has 2024 agents listings same price range

And Fla about 1000 listings

Keep convincing yourself people are moving because of Taxes freedoms and all your other right wing talking points

Top 3 reasons

Moving For A New Job:

Moving To Reduce Your Commute:

Moving For a Loved One:

Last out of 10 retirement

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...-to-tampa-bay/

The answers remained a constant for so many years that in 2019 they stopped asking.

“‘The weather’ or ‘I moved here for my job’ were the two primary reasons. Considerably lower down, in third place, was ‘family,’”

But Florida’s elected leaders contend that something different is luring residents. Gov. Ron DeSantis touts the state as a destination for those fleeing COVID-19 restrictions. Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis has suggested northeasterners are escaping “tax hell” for the income-tax-free Sunshine State.

Carrying Ron’s water again?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device