View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #132
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
From The Hill:

"It was a comment that he made in jest," White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters Monday. "It's a comment that he made in passing, specifically with regard to the media coverage and pointing out the fact that the media never acknowledges that we have more cases because when you test more people, you find more cases."

Trump denied telling his administration to scale back testing in an interview on Monday with CBN News, but said he believed widespread testing put the U.S. at a "disadvantage." Trump said his remark at the rally was "semi tongue-in-cheek."

"Instead of 25 million tests, let's say we did 10 million tests. We'd look like we were doing much better because we'd have far fewer cases. You understand that," Trump said. "I wouldn't do that, but I will say this: We do so much more than other countries it makes us, in a way, look bad but actually we're doing the right thing."

It'll be interesting if you keep repeating the fake news that he really meant it, like you keep repeating the Charlottesville lie that he said Nazis are very fine people.
Vintage Trump, the deception is so blatant it's right in front of you. Of course Trump doesn't want testing because he thinks it hurts him politically, just like when he didn't want the American cruise ship passengers to disembark because it would have inflated the numbers.

If he actually said test less or not is somewhat irrelevant. Trump sets the tone by his actions and those in his administration and much of his base follow. This is why we have a VP writing absurd op-eds downplaying the threat and supporters who insist the media is hyping it even as more states see increases.

The Trump interview I saw last night on the topic would require complete self subjugation to Trumpism to take at face value. It made zero sense. One of the most serious global events we may see in our lifetimes and our leaders are trying to gaslight.