View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #13
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Ok finally to show you if you have a need you can make something. Here is a mold I made last year for some of my canal heavy arse poppers and pencils. The wgt . hangs out the rear end of the plug to add in a truer flying, longer casting, plug.. A canal specialty plug really.. More wgt in the rear. This type of wgt was done by a friend ,Stan Kuzia, although I did make it a little different as I did not want to copy Stans design exact, although he would not of cared.. Again this is a 2 part mold so it probably isn't something the home person will make.with a drill press. This could be done out of a blank do it mold but you would need to use a CNC machine with 3 axis. I get around that doing it by hand making the mold in 2 pieces. Don't think the boss would allow me to use a $300,000 machine to do this work so I do it old school, cause I'm old.
The molds above can be made from a blank Do IT Mold in a drill press with the correct dia. drills and pins. I have done a few with the do it molds. I made my own molds cause it doesn't cost me anything for the stock, just labor. So I'd say give it a try not too hard and you will save a bunch on wgts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3095.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	54143   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3089.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	54144   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3090.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	54145  

Last edited by ProfessorM; 12-23-2012 at 11:18 AM..

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote