View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 07:51 AM   #89
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You guys are debating like she’s running for President in 2020 and while I believe her plan is financially and logistically impossible in the timeline proposed; I’d be shocked if the final democratic candidate adopts that radical a change. I would say that unless your an fool, or have your head in the sand, or just don’t give a damn about future generations; the reports (predictions) released in the last few years on climate change are going to cost far more them anyone can even quantify. AOC represents one extreme and Trump and his views and policy changes represent the other extreme; his head is in the sand when it comes to climate change.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
think about it this way.....the earth has been around for about 4.543 billion years and life has existed on it for about 3.8 billion years....of all of the life that has existed and been extinguished on this planet over the last 3.8 billion years(and that is an unimaginable number of lives I suppose) YOU have been fortunate to exist in human form(not a bug thankfully for you) for what is little more than a strobe's flash in time ... and also fortunate to enjoy a point in earth's history where you can sit at a keyboard communicating with people all over the planet without fear of being eaten, stepped on and squished, or otherwise killed which is the fate that most life on this planet has enjoyed over those many years..... you only have to walk to the fridge for a snack rather than rooting around the forest floor.......we are a species that ultimately only really care about ourselves individually no matter how much we claim to care about other things......it's just an attempt to convince ourselves that we...in our incredibly insignificant stay on this planet, are more important that we really are...why do people pack themselves into coffins and put a stone above the hole??? The want to remind everyone "I WAS HERE"....which is fine for a while but after a short time....nobody really cares that you were here and you are just taking up space in what could probably be a really nice golf course....we each are a speck of sand on a vast desert...no matter which direction you roll you will have no effect on that desert's eventual contour..but we can waste our time thinking that we matter or we can be grateful that we are not going to be eaten by a dinosaur today