View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 07:27 PM   #142
Tailor marc
Aussie fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
Very interesting stuff. Nice to see the rest of the world has fishermen as crazed as around here. I'm curious, though, what other kinds of beach/shore fishing do you have along the WA coast? Can a guy get home from work, eat his dinner, and head out for 2-3 hours of closeby easy access fishing? Do you fish at night? What do you catch? Is a boat neccessary? Long casts? Bait or plugs? How long a season? Thanks for the pictures and chance to dream.
Hi Numbskull,

Yep i live only 20 min from the beach and often get home frrom work and head down the beach and catch a feed of fish at the entrance to our harbour.

There is a location called penguin island only 30-40 min south of Perth.
Its an Island that at low tide you can acually walk to the island in water knee deep! and yes there are penguins on there.
If you dont want to walk across you can take the ferry across for $10 Aust return

The last 4-5 times iv been iv caught 5-6 King George Whiting each time These fish are one of the best eating fish in Australia!

Here is some pics of this island and what i caught.

K.G whiting

Mate Kristian fishin

A migrating bird of some sort

The jetty we are fishing off

You can see the sandbar in the background and how you can walk across in in knee deep water to the shore on the mainland.

Last edited by Tailor marc; 12-14-2006 at 08:05 PM..
Tailor marc is offline   Reply With Quote