View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 08:59 AM   #1183
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
One day after retaking a majority in the US House of Representatives, Republicans have said they will investigate the president's family as a "top priority".

Yep so much for gas prices inflation crime and the border

I guess they didn’t pay attention to midterm voters.

Just more rabid base politics
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wayne, what can the republican house propose on those important issues, that the senate and Biden would sign?

You said yourself the Hunter investigation will be "a" top priority, not "the only" top priority. When the democrats took the house in 2018, they spent a lot of time investigating Trump. Was that a waste? If not, then as always, I'm sorry but what's good for the goose...

The republicans said very clearly in the 2022 campaign that if they took the house, they'd investigate Hunter. Well, the American people feely chose to give house control to the GOP, so the American people, in this instance, will get what they asked for. That's democracy. Just like it was democracy in action when Obama signed Obamacare. I hated it, but it was a perfect example of how democracy works.

Liberals think the definition of democracy, is "I always get my way".

We can walk and chew gum at the same time. If the GOP house does nothing whatsoever to try and address the issues they ran on, they deserve to be thrown out in 2 years. But they owe it to republican voters to investigate the Bidens as thoroughly as the democrats investigated Trump during the Russia hoax (I think much of the January 6th investigation was legit, and I think the Russia collusion investigation was a political witch hunt), and if there's anything there at all, they should impeach Biden.

What's god for the goose...