View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #12
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I see this a lot from my Democrat friends and even so called "Liberal" friends. Every example they use in describing "Tea Baggers" (also an erroneous and disingenuous title used to marginalize / spoil the "Tea Party" movement and politics) is what the biased media uses when showcasing the extreme whack-jobs that attach to the movement.

This is what they are fed and many eat it up thinking it is truthful associating that fringe with the main body. It is further taken to categorize people that love this country as wackos because they choose to wear shirts patterned on the American flag.

People are hanging on to the sound-bites and agendas of the talking-freickin-heads and easting it as the truth, not looking for what things really mean and really are. (Rush is often a great example of this on the right).

Spence, I expect better from you WRT the Tea Party. I would THINK you know the difference between the Extreme Right and the Tea Party, yet you disparage them in lock-step (or is that Goose Step?) as the talking heads of the "Progressive" wing of the Democrats direct.

Stuff like this is part of what has taken me from a Conservative, Old School Democrat (that almost drifted to the Progressive side a few years ago) to an unaffiliated independent that actually like a LOT of what the tea Party stands for. Enough so that while I am not a Tea Party member I can certainly support and consider some of their goals worthy.

Here is the Mission Statement of the RI Tea Party:

Quote:
Mission and Objectives – RI TEA PARTY:

Is dedicated to the proposition that all citizens deserve a voice in how they are governed, and to the task of encouraging them to use that voice

Believes the Constitution of the United States is still sufficient for our governance, and does not need to be re-interpreted or revised in meaning

Is devoted to political activism to change the political landscape in the Houston Area, and to working with other Tea Party organizations to achieve the goal of demanding our representatives follow the Constitution, limit government reach, and drastically reduce taxes and spending.

In order to be eligible for membership in the RI Tea Party, an organization must:

A. Be an expressly non-partisan, non-profit organization.

B. Establish and maintain an express statement of affiliation with the Rhode Island Tea Party, including a reciprocal link to riteaparty.com on its website home page.
C. Establish and maintain a statement of endorsement of the Five Core Principles on its website.
1. Limited Government
2. Fiscal Responsibility
3. Personal Responsibility
4. The Rule of Law
5. National Sovereignty
Can a "Liberal" or "Progressive" please find for me the Extremeism or Right Wing in the above?

Last edited by JohnR; 09-15-2010 at 12:01 PM..

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: