Thread: TEBOW!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #24
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshCappa View Post
I'm not sure if I'd put that game into the "Classics" category. Good game but both teams had issues. That defensive call in OT by Pitt was ridiculous. How do let a WR run accross the field alone or covered one on one with no help in the middle? I'll give Denver credit though they run the ball over and over again so they set that play up perfectly. Tebow made a great throw and he caught the ball in stride which gave him the chance to out run the pursuit. Pitt fans must be livid on the call though from the coach. Tebow is good but the not the next coming of Elway. That win though probably bought him another year as starter. Let's hope we create a nice "Hostile" enviornment for him on Saturday!
That defense is a 1 on zero read for the QB. Also referred to as leaving the DB "on an island" with no safety help. And while the game may not go down as a classic, that play will immortalize Tebow. Going to be showing that every year....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote