Thread: Scott Brown
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #47
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
So a year later.

Has he lived up to his killing of Obamacare?
What about his leadership?
Getting on those tough issues?
Driving the pickup truck?
Has he lived up to his killing of Obamacare? Well, the people spoke and he was voted in to kill it, Obama and the Dems didn't listen to the people and passed Health Care by "Reconciliation" (which was truly meant for taxation and spending). It is a way to get around the required 60 votes necessary. It 100% BS and the administration that did this should be ashamed of themselves. This wasn't designed for the use they used it for. Shame on them.

What about his leadership? He is not a right wing republican and hasn't been the poster child for his party as he will cross party lines. This isn't a bad thing and I think he should get credit for doing that. As for leadership, a year is a very short time but I think he has held his own and has done well. So far he has done what he said he would do by being an independent thinker and voter. I would say this is true for most 1st year Senators in the minority party.

Getting on those tough issues? Which ones specifically? He got on Healthcare, Gays in the Military, and Spending/Deficit. Nothing earth shattering but he has his stance and working well to execute it.

Driving the pick up truck? Yes, and some people are all over him because they say it's a gas guzzler.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"