View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #13
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Just as the Harry Potter books and movies were aimed at the lonely, "live-in-my-parents-basement" techno geeks and losers, Twilight seems to be aimed at the female contingent of the same
group. You know, the "I think vampires are sexy, but I'll never get a date" crowd.

After "Interview with a Vampire with an efeminate Tom Cruise as a (I think gay) vampire, I could only tolerate the Blade vampire flicks.

Me go see ANY of the Twilight flicks? Only if I was bound and gagged!
Wow - I've read every Harry Potter and seen every movie, love 'em all. Never lived at home after I was 18 and far from a techno-geek. When I was single I had more than enough girls. My wife and many of her friends, all active, attractive moms in the ealry 40s have read all the Twilight books and get together to see the movies.
I guess Star Wars is for all the losers who dream of fighting the "dark side" and Raiders of the Lost Ark for the homeless that like to find treasures in peoples garbage?
Many people enjoy fantasy as it takes us away from the real world. Harry Potter is a brilliantly creative adventure series. Twilight is a teenie-bopper romance, but it attracts women because of the pure-romance element (there is NO sex in the books/film).
You should open your mind a bit, you may enjoy this stuff if you gave it a shot.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote