Thread: Recent Bust?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #26
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoMike View Post
Because he didn't do anything wrong in MA! Think of it this way, I'll assume you have aMA or RI drivers license, if you get caught speeding in CT and don't pay the fine or show up in court, CT can't suspend your RI drivers license, all they can do is to suspend your right to drive in CT. But in this case they didn't even have a RI license so RI can't do much besides fine him.
That doesn't answer the question. Obviously RI can't revoke a MA license, but why can't MA....no matter where the offense took place? Don't they control the rules for who gets or looses a license?

He has a MA license. If I have a MA driver license and am caught driving drunk at 120mph in RI, I would think MA has the option, if they choose, to suspend my license as a danger to the people of MA (though perhaps not). If I had a license to carry a firearm in MA and was guilty of a firearm violation in another state wouldn't I lose my MA license? He has a MA fishing license....not some constitutional right to sell fish in our state. He is presumably guilty of a fishing violation. Is MA legally obligated to ignore this or can they act at their own discretion to revoke his privilege to sell fish in the state? If not, why not and by what statute are they prohibited from doing so?

Last edited by numbskull; 09-19-2018 at 04:06 PM..
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote