View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:01 PM   #17
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
WH puts out a brilliant statement and remember military operations of this scale take time to put in place. The phone call was on Sunday. Maybe Trump will draw another red line.

"This morning, Turkey, a NATO member, invaded Syria. The United States does not endorse this attack and has made it clear to Turkey that this operation is a bad idea."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Turkey says Trump knew ‘precisely’ about scope of N. Syria operation. “President Trump and President Erdogan have reached an understanding over precisely what this operation is,” Gulnur Aybet, Senior Adviser to the President of Turkey
And I think Trump did know what was to come and what if my son or daughter were one of the fifty pulled out in advance??? I see both sides of the coin, and he is in the seat of no good options. But fifty Americans are not enough to have made a difference in the face of this operation and would have been a horrible, needless sacrifice if he had not pulled them out...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.