Thread: I NEVER KNEW
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
First, kids can't wear tshirts with the American Flag on the 5th of May because it is offensive to the Mexican students (hop the fence right back to Mexico if you don't like our flag) and now a kid can't have a flag on his bike because other people have complained?
Can I make a statement w/out everybody going Apechit...

I agree that the reason they made him take it off his bike was complet BS. and I also agree that telling people that they can't wear it on a shirt because it will offend is also complete BS. And I would go ballistic if it happened to my kid.

But neither one of those ways of displaying the flag is appropriate Flag Ettiquette. The American Flag is NEVER supposed to be warn on clothing unless its a Military Uniform or another Patriotic Organization. and if flown on a Vehicle it needs to be mounted on the Right Front Fender...not on the back of a bike.

Like I said...I'm as patriotic as the next guy and I laud everybody who embraces their country and displays the flag however they want.

I just wish people would do it the way its supposed to be done.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when I see someone driving down the street with a couple of Big tattered beaten up flags waving on the back of their jeep...that is pretty disrespectful if you ask me.......

I guess I just wish people would show the Proper respect for the flag....all the time.

Have at me...I know its comin'

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."