View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 11:47 AM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Actually, i wasn't having a snowflake moment over the story. I am pretty happy with my stance on it. Become a citizen, enjoy your voting rights. Pretty cut and dry.

I was actually having a "snowflake" moment at your asinine assumption that since we don't think they should be allowed the right to vote until they are granted citizenship, that we somehow lack the intellect to understand the whole sentence/thought process.

....and you know what is an even weaker argument, thinking that just because they didn't do it before, doesn't make it a good idea to do it now.
change happens because of something usually factual ...the factual information is the need to require ID to vote is based on the rights conspiracy theory of voter fraud which no facts support ... yet we have many facts showing the assault on voting is a GOP led operation

heres one never made it into law but it make the point

The amendment, introduced by Rep. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.) and approved on May 9, 2012, was aimed at preventing the Justice Department from using its funds “to bring any action against any state for implementation of a state law requiring voter identification.”almost entirely with Republican votes.

In other words, even if the Department of Justice thought a voter ID law discriminated against African Americans or Latinos, it could not sue to protect them.