View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #77
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So here is my question. How long after the attack began, was the nearest special forces team (wherever that was) in the air, on their way to Benghazi? Has that question been answered? I didn't see any mention of that in the timeline you posted?
The article I linked indicates verbal orders were given immediately to move both the FAST teams in Spain and the special ops in Croatia…formal orders followed.

The problem here is that in an attempt to smear Obama all sorts of conspiracy stories were embraced by the blogs and even some reputable news outlets…They did nothing, they were told to stand down etc… and all of this has been proven false even by the House investigation.

Quote:
I don't fit in that category, I do know a few things here, though I'm no expert on special forces.

It's not possible that there weren't any troops we could have gotten there within the 12 hours that lapsed between the start of the attack and when the last American left. It is a 100% certainty that there was a special forces team closer than 12 hours out. I don't know where they were, but someone was within 12 hours.

It does not tale very long to get a small team in the air within 30 minutes. That's why they are called quick reaction forces.
You're making it sound like they're firemen waiting for the bell to ring and slide down the pole into their boots.

Even the FAST teams in Spain would have to equip for the mission, same goes for the ops in Croatia training. They'd have to stage themselves and you'd probably need a plan. Basing this on flight time along isn't realistic, you know this.

Remember as well that the closest security team in Tripoli did deploy and got there at 1:30am.

Quote:
If some people are overly influenced by Captain America, others are too enthralled with Obama to the point that they are not capable of doubting anything he say or does.
There's a body of research out there that can't be denied. Multiple investigations seem to be reaching the same conclusions.

-spence