View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Because that would mean tax increases, lean government and maybe those elected politicians might have to give up all the pay raises, pensions and great health insurance. Gee I don’t know, maybe all those immigrants looking for a better life might love a job rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure, but I guess they would have to give up the murders, gang meetings, rapes and illegal activities.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well if those "immigrants" come here legally, and if we processed all those from other places, not just those from south of the border, more speedily rather than making them wait several years, or never, to immigrate here, we could rationally solve any supposed need for qualified workers.

What sounds to me like an empty phrase which has supposedly been passed a few times before but has never materialized into an actually functioning policy, we keep hearing about "comprehensive immigration reform." We must somehow scrap the past immigration policy of accepting immigrants on a need basis, and orderly entering them at ports of entry, with proper health screening and vetting, and in numbers that can easily be assimilated. And we must, for some reason (political?) create some vague "comprehensive" system that depends on technological devices but not actually use physical barriers that help to physically force or steer entry to legal ports of entry.

What is there so special about those millions south of the border that they require some new "comprehensive reform" to be given entry to the country and a special "path to citizenship"? How is it that they are privileged above the qualified emigres from the rest of the world who are just as deserving and usually more qualified and a better fit than random droves of multi-thousand member caravans or than coyote herded and paid for illegals?

It does not seem rational to me that we just let in millions without vetting from one area who come in uninvited and illegal crossings, many of whom will not work to rebuild infrastructure or in other way, but who will suck more from the economy that contribute to it.